The World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting also known as Davos is the foremost creative force for engaging the world’s top leaders from across society and sectors in collaborative activities to shape the global, regional and industry agendas.
Highlights of the campaign
- Wipro at Davos is a 360 degree ‘connect.communicate.convert’ strategy conceptualized by Mediascope and enabled by Financial Times with an objective to position Wipro as thought leaders in the field of innovation and business transformation on the world map
- FT created an exclusive section for ‘Wipro Davos conference’ under FT Live and promoted it extensively on FT.com and on their social media handles in the form of videos, native articles , display banners and posts
- The event got extensive coverage in all the relevant Indian and International Publications like HT, ET, TOI and Broadcast Platforms like BBC News, Bloomberg, ET Now, NDTV, CNBC TV 18
- The entire event also garnered huge engagement on the social media platforms namely Facebook, Twitter and Youtube
Key facts about Davos
- Over 3000 of the world’s most powerful and richest people from business, politics, art, academia and civil society attend this annual event.
- More than 100 billionaires attend this 4-day conference
- The top brass of more than 100 Indian incorporations are also a part of this event helping India showcase herself as the ultimate investment destination to global leaders and as a major engine to drive the global economic growth.
- CII has been leading the Indian delegation from India for the last 50 years
Positioning as Thought Leader
In 2008, we at Mediascope discussed with Wipro the idea of sponsoring a ‘Thought Leadership’ event at Davos, organized by Financial Times Live. Davos is where technology comes to the fore and there is a great play of technology companies like Wipro. Wipro found merit in the idea and has been sponsoring the ‘Thought Leadership’ event since then. This event gives an opportunity to Wipro to shape the agenda with the larger international community and join this unparalleled global effort in co-design, co-creation and collaboration with a focus on creating a shared future.
By sponsoring the thought leadership event, Wipro got the opportunity to
- Position themselves as thought-leaders in the field of innovation, business transformation, gender equality and sustainability
- Reach a great number of leaders and innovators across the world
- Greatly enhance their presence by engaging and interacting with decision makers
- Put themselves on a pedestal with other innovators and also learn from them
Since 2008, Wipro has been the sponsor for the FT Live thought leadership event. Over a period of time, Wipro’s events became a must attend at Davos and were timed brilliantly – the night before the formal opening of the Congress.
A surreal venue, great panelists, fantastic moderators from the ‘The Financial Times’, most influential and carefully screened audience, intellectually stimulating session – all in all a winner. Wipro has this exclusive event for the last 12 years has made Wipro a force to reckon with at Davos.
In 2018- we went one step further and did 3 breakfast events for Wipro with FT Live at their own pavilion – adding even more value. Wipro managed to get an impressive PR coverage, exposure and mileage through the annual thought leadership event each year. Ads in The Financial Times, ft.com, emailers, FT social media and a great exposure at Davos.
An absolutely outstanding event – year after year; delivering maximum value for Wipro through an outstanding and globally respected media house – FT .
Mediascope’s role was massive in ensuring the event was a success – starting from getting the best panelists, overseeing the ads in all FT platforms, getting the right audience and liaising with the client to ensure they were getting the maximum bang for the buck.
- Davos enables Wipro drive conversation with global leaders and policy makers
- A platform to interact with customers, partners and investors at a very large scale
- Wipro along with world leaders deciding the future of technology and innovation